Yes, we are stilling moving at a glacial pace. Today, we did complete Module 4! The girls completed most of the lab exercises in Module 4. First, I had them dissect a mushroom before teasing out the hyphae for a look under the microscope. The girls studied yeast, blue cheese mold, mushroom gulls, and hyphae. I pulled slides from my collection: penicillin, budding yeast, a mushroom, etc for comparison. The girls spent quite a bit of time sketching the slides. After a brief fungi overview, the girls worked on a report about penicillin. I asked them to post to their blogs and send me the link. The report should include a description of penicillin, its function, and a brief history. I asked them to explain why it was lucky scientists had used mice rather than Guinea pigs for early test studies on penicillin. Here is an article. Fungi Photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment