Thursday, November 8, 2018

Apologia Biology: Cells, Cell Cycle, and Mitosis

The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn.  The first thing we did was a brief review of the cell topics.  I'm dividing my quiz into two parts: cell structure and function quiz (or this quiz), a cell transport quiz.  I don't like lengthy lectures.  I gave the kids a study guide (p 24).  The kids spent the remainder of class making the paper plate cell cycle model and the mitosis model.  All class.  Really.  It is worthwhile to have the kids make 'hands-on' models.  Believe me, the lesson stays with them.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Start with a Book!

 I’m a fan!  I love to center a science lesson around a book.   Start with a Book  (SWAB) has hundreds of ideas.  Explore  Topics , such as ...