Students struggle to organize their science fair projects. After all, the process can be daunting, especially for the uninitiated. This Presentation may help. I encourage my classes to start by creating a slideshow presentation which includes the major components of the project. Some documents, such as the hypothesis or abstract, appear in the research paper and on the display board. The idea is to use the presentation as a notepad to rough in the project to make it easier to edit. The slide backgrounds and fonts can be adjusted and printed to be used on the display board. The student can often bring the laptop or tablet to the Science Fair competition to show the judges.
There are a number of free presentation apps, such as Prezi or Google Slides. The 'Slides' app for iPad is rough and difficult to edit. I uploaded the presentation I had first created on my iPad and reopened it on my Dell laptop; this slide app is limited in its choice of themes. There are excellent templates available in Google docs, you may wish to use instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment