Every school district, county, and state have their own scoring guide for judges to use to evaluate science fair projects. Sometimes the judges work in teams, sometimes alone. The forms tend to be vague. Creativity? Just how is that defined? That aside, the judge will see if the project has a hypothesis, a research paper, an experiment, data, methods, materials, and a conclusion. Most of the time, when I judge, I ask the student or team to tell me about their project. Many kids have memorized a script. I prefer the kid to just start explaining what he or she did, how it turned out, why they selected this project, what happened that was unexpected, or what he or she might do differently next time. Why did you enjoy this experiement? What does the data imply? Did the data support or refute the hypothesis?
Example One
Example Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment