Let me leave you with a good overview of organic naming.
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Apologia Biology Module 5
The class started the Biochemistry in Module 5 with an introduction to Organic Chemistry. This Organic Naming Worksheet and answer key are my introduction. I started with a brief description of alkanes: straight-chain, saturated, hydrocarbon molecules. I wrote the names, Greek prefixes, and halogens on the board. After we did some practice naming, I had the girls write and draw a ton of organic molecules and build them with molecular kits. My plan next, is for the class to construct biochemical molecules: carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins with a Molecules of Life molecular model kit. Yes, I do have quite a bit of equipment. I've purchased a number of these molecular kits on eBay and surprisingly Good Will. In my experience, it helps to build the molecules. If you locate molecular kits, here are carbohydrate, lipids, and protein worksheets for Labaids kits.
Let me leave you with a good overview of organic naming.
Let me leave you with a good overview of organic naming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment