Wednesday, April 20, 2016
NSTA All in a Rainforest Day Review
All in a Rainforest Day by Ellen B. Senisi is joyful with photos that capture the glamor of rainforests. The book is organized into one day and visits rainforests all over the globe. Each image has a simple caption. My favorite is page eight, a proboscis monkey from Malasia, with the caption, 'Time for breakfast!' I read the book to a group of youngsters who range in age from six to eleven, part of a Co-op. They sat rapt! I was confused as I read it, wondering which rainforest the book was describing. After I finished reading, I wanted to be sure the monkey was a proboscis and located the photo index on the last page, which describes the organism and its country. After I read the book to the children, I asked for their impressions: 'pretty and graceful', 'creepy animals' (page 10, the green vine snake eating a lizzard), and 'colorful'. It was evident the photos were engrossing. We decided the book would most suit young children, especially those four to six. This book is an excellent introduction to rainforest organisms. Children will want to learn more after they read and can travel the globe visiting rainforests around the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment