Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Apologia Chemistry: Hydrates or Percent Composition
The Hydrate or Percent Composition Lab is the one I use when I need more time with nomenclature and want the kids to have a lab experience. I introduce the idea of hydrates, Percent Composition, and molar mass, while continuing to instruct in nomenclature. Tomorrow, I’m going to introduce acid nomenclature, review the Stock System, covalent molecules, and Ionic compounds. I plan to test the kids soon. I let the kids use an ion chart and the Greek prefixes when I test them on nomenclature. On Tuesday, my plan is to have the lab, teach them how to calculate molar mass and Percent Composition. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment