Today we’re finishing Circulation, completing two labs, and starting ABO blood types and components of blood. I promised Anna I would check on the Anatomy course offered through the local community college system. She wants to be a nurse. When I looked at the syllabus this morning I noticed there is no textbook for any of the A&P sections. The college is using Openstax Anatomy and Physiology textbooks. These resources are free under Creative Commons. The reason I checked the community college offerings was to gauge the rigor of the local college class. Anna invests many extra hours studying. I want her to be ready for college and a medical career.
Okay, today we finished the Heart Beat Lab and learned how to measure blood pressures. We also quizzed again identifying all the major bones in the skeleton and flow of blood through the heart. Then we reviewed the answers to both quizzes. The next time we meet, the kids are having a quiz about systemic blood flow and are coloring the scheme in their anatomy coloring books. One of my kids still needs to memorize the names of the major bones. Sigh. Next time, I want to review a bit more in Circulation to make sure the kids understand what a heart beat is and what the blood pressure measures before we start blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment