Increasingly, dissections are controversial. The Co-op Biology class talked it over and decided to have both live and paper dissections. Next year, the kids will have an option. However, teens who are not dissecting will do more work with photos and virtual dissections. I’ll post images this morning as we dissect. One issue is that the dissected specimens do not resemble the guides. I pull out several resources and use internet images, such as Dissection 101 Photos. Hear the link to dissection lessons. I order specimens from Home Science Tools as well as several dissection guides, listed for $1.95. I do offer masks and gloves to kids. Kids should wear safety glasses as they dissect. The more resources the better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment