Yes, I do realize this is an esoteric topic. If you teach AP Biology, you probably want to include DNA gel electrophoresis. (BTW if I were teaching AP Biology, I would contact the local colleges to see if my class could just tour a lab with someone else modeling gel electrophoresis. In fact, that’s how I have experienced the lab. I’m not personally comfortable with the lab. You might just do a Virtual Gel Electrophoresis lab.) Let’s say you are more ambitious and more intrepid than I am. There are 3D printed, DIY plans: the Thingiverse’s DNA Gel Electrophoresis, Gel Tray, and Comb, Yeggi’s 3D models, Reddit’s Jello 3D System, and this Instructables DIY kit. The Instructables version doesn’t require a 3D printed box. You could modify the plans and print the box: however, some sites indicate the heat necessary for the DNA runs can warp a 3D printed box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment