Arrrggh! I wish we had had the forethought to do electrostatics on a dry, cold, winter day! Here are the labs we're using: Sticky Tape, Sticky Tape 2, and Electrostatics in Your Home. The issue is relative humidity. These tips--especially the hair dryer help. The real issue is the high relative humidity: Electrostatics and Relative Humidity and Properties of Water. The guys basically read the labs and then spent two classes using trial and error to play with electrostatics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment