Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Summer Science Ideas
My favorite six year old, Paul, is nearly seven. Already in first grade he is bored. We work together diligently; frankly, the problem is Paul is gifted and regular school work is dull. Now, like all young children, he needs those lessons in Math and English. Paul needs stimulus outside regular school lessons. Here's the rub: gifted children frequently feel punished for being smart. So, the answer is fun that teaches all summer! Paul like coding. One idea is Scratch, a coding site from MIT. The librarian recommended 29 Games to Create with Scratch by Max Wright. Now, I like science. So, I scout for fun kits: DIY super balls, Bubble gum kit, Edible Chemistry, DIY Gummies, and Slime. Now, except for super balls and slime with polyvinyl alcohol, I like to look for DIY options: Homemade gummies, and bubblegum recipe. We have loads of fun during the summer: Scout camp, VBS, swimming, and board games. But, summer is the perfect time to slip in a little science enrichment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment