Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Apologia Chemistry: Models, Trends, Definitions, and March Madness
Let me share Flinn’s March Madness just for fun. And it’s March! The kids are at different places completing their models and timelines. I keep activities on hand just for these occasions. Flinn has similar activities, such as Sweet 16 Chemistry Compound Tournament. I had the kids summarize all of the trends they modeled: atomic radius, Ionic radius, Electronegativity, electron affinity, boiling point, melting point, density, valency, metallic character, nonmetallic character, and first ionization energy. BTW, I let the kids model each trend creatively and supply markers, paper plates, straws, etc. After completing their models, the kids put the summaries on the board for everyone to copy. Here are a few examples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment