Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Apologia Chemistry: Periodicity or Periodic Trends
We are mopping up general chemistry lessons, one of which is Periodic Trends (Module 8 Molecular Structure): metallic character, nonmetallic character, ionic radius, atomic radius, electron affinity, electronegativity, first ionization energy, density, boiling point, melting point, and valency. I wrote these and assigned each kid a different one. The kids may use a variety of materials to represent their assigned trend: toothpicks, straws, color, etc. They must define the trend and explain the pattern across the main group elements of the periodic table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment