Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Apologia Chemistry: Periodic Properties Lab
We are still working on periodic properties. Today, I brought Periodic Chart Lab from Flinn. The idea is to recreate a periodic table based on each element's properties, such as boiling point, much as Mendeleev did. The kit cost about $15; Flinn will deliver to a church office--but not a house. In this activity, the kids use arrange the cards into three rows and columns according to their properties. Flinn's directions are always excellent and include teacher notes with an answer key. Flinn's "It's in the Cards" is also terrific--but more expensive. Try it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment