Thursday, October 4, 2018
Apologia Biology: Microscope 101
Today, I brought in eight microscopes, a quiz labeling the parts of a microscope, and a slideshow about cell, theory, and structure. I started with a crash course in how to use a microscope correctly. We did a quick overview of the parts of a microscope. The kids had to use the microscopes to draw and label three microscope slides. I have different microscopes; the kids rotated to try all of them. After about 40 minutes, we had another review and quiz labeling the microscope. We graded the quiz in class. I plan to quiz them again on Tuesday. Lastly, we did a 15 minute intro to cells. Today was unusually productive. Take a look at the second photo; the digital microscope achieves 250 magnification. For $34, this type of magnification is usually enough. To install it, I plugged in the USB to the laptop and opened the camera. Period.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment