Well, today was less chaotic. Our class is one hour and 15 minutes twice a week. We spent half of today's class weighing the gummy bears which had soaked for two days. At the beginning of class, I went over a chart listing the average mass of the gummy bears before and after soaking in the salt solutions. (Gummy Bear Osmosis Lab) I had to explain how to average the data, how to calculate the percent change in the mass of the gummy bears, and how to graph a line graph. Everyone has to create a bar graph with the mass before and after of the gummy bears by concentration. Yes, this took all class period. The kids have not had much lab experience or experimental design. So, next class is another lab: How does concentration affect the reaction rates of enzymes? The kids need another chance to set up, conduct, and graph the lab results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment