BTW, this exercise coincides with the Organic Chemistry section in Module 5 of the Apologia textbook.). The class is focusing on the biomolecules. I plan to teach Chemistry next year to most of the class. I’ll teach them about the Periodic table, Iona, molecules, and balancing equations then. So, the kids are learning a bit of biochemistry.
Once the kids finish the Biomolecules exercise, they'll work on the lab, the detection of carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. The Bio class will use these tests. (Here are photos.) Next week, we have two classes, both of which will be this lab. The goal is to understand what carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins are. Here's hoping for good results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment