Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Apologia Biology: Designer Baby
Today was much better than last Thursday when I was pulling out my hair. Today we talked about some of the major issues surrounding Designer Babies. First, we discussed the main reasons for infertility. Then we talked about In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Note the drugs such as oral contraceptives and follicle stimulating drugs used—which also have side effects. Then, we talked about other big issues: embryo storage, custody issues, surrogates, savior siblings, etc. Our discussion is broad—-not graphic at all. Our perspective is very pro-life. Once we covered the broad overview, the kids started to create blog posts. The first one was an opinion post about IVF. I want something more than Yuck or Ewwww! Then the kids are posting separate posts about what are Designer Babies and what is IVF. Next class we’re doing genetics. The kids are going to work on these posts at home when class is canceled or snow, ice, high winds, flu....or just for being January and February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment