I’m at the point in Chemistry where I’m having a mini-meltdown. This happens every time I teach Chemistry. I panic over whether or not my kids are going to complete the material before the end of June. We need to finish by the end of May; most of the families already have plans for June. So, I over-react. Then I look over the remaining material, some of which I’ve taught: polyatomic ions and acid nomenclature. Additionally, I remind myself that the qualitative lessons about periodicity and acid-bases go much quicker than moles and stoichiometry. So, how many modules do I actually teach? Usually, we teach twelve modules well. Modules 13-15 are seldom taught well. However, we have done some thermodynamics earlier this year. I also like to add a little Organic Chemistry. Once in a blue moon, I teach a bit of Nuclear Chemistry. At a minimum we do Modules 1-12–with brief explanations about Redox and equilibrium—very brief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment