The kids are completing the Solubility Rules lab. I am thrilled with the results and wanted to share a few more pix. After the kids finished the lab, I spent time getting each teen discussing the patterns. Which compounds are generally soluble or insoluble? After I showed the teens this Solubility Rules Chart. This lab works well if you have a number of compounds; we used fourteen different compounds. Labs, like these require a huge investment of time to complete. However, this lab reinforces double replacement reactions, nomenclature, reaction prediction, and formation of precipitates. Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment