I purchased several dissection guides. We use the textbook and these guides when we cut up specimens. Why? Do you want your laptop or tablet near the specimen? I buy used Apologia Biology textbooks. We use my copies because I don’t mind a little juice on the textbook. Likely, I paid around $5 for my copy. I bought dissection guides from Home Science Tools for the perch and frog. The Apologia Biology textbook has a dissection guide for the perch, but not the frog. (There is a brief paragraph instructing students to do a literature search before dissecting the frog in all three Apologia textbooks.) I bought used guide and photo atlases for about $5 each. Keep in mind, I teach Biology for the Co-op regularly. Usually, a photo atlases has real photos from a dissection, which is easy to study. One guide came with a set of specimens from Carolina Biological. It is exceptional. Take a look at my copies.
Wednesday, May 14, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment