The kids are working on a mega dissection/ animal project. I want them to include slides and sketches. Why? I’m convinced that the kids examine slides and specimens more closely if they take more time. Traditionally, that means sketching. In reality, some of the kids can’t draw. However, I’m getting some great results with screenshots labeled—and ideally sketched. Today, the kids sketched and took photos of animal slides and their dissection specimens. Next week we’ll begin the dissection series. We used light microscopes, USB microscopes, cell phones, and iPads.
Tuesday, May 6, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...












No comments:
Post a Comment