Next fall I’m scheduled to teach Biology. I have loads of equipment. However each year I need blood testing supplies. I like to use both simulated blood kits, such as Innovating Science Blood kits and Eldon cards, which have individual lancets for each child. I always start with simulated blood. The kids need to practice identifying a reaction between the fake antiserum with the fake blood. Here is a copy of the instructions from the Neo/Sci blood kit. Here is the fake blood test lab worksheet from Flinn. You can make fake blood with hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, silver nitrate, and barium nitrate. I find it easier to buy a fake blood kit because silver nitrate is so expensive and HCl and H2SO4 are often sold in concentrated solutions. So, I have to make the dilutions and give extensive safety warnings. See? I’ll just buy a kit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment