My husband, Rob, is teaching Algebra II this year and ran across half-life with natural logs. Once in awhile, I get to teach a unit on Nuclear Energy, usually when the class is especially attentive, diligent about their work, and we aren’t bogged down during Stoichiometry. So, rarely, unless it’s a college class. Start here with Radioactive Pennies. The kids will need 100 pennies to toss in a shoe box. Nuclear Connect has Half-Life with paper, M&Ms, pennies, or puzzle pieces. Make sure the kids understand what half-life is. NOAA has this explanation of half-life. Here is an excellent overview about carbon dating and Otzi, the Iceman, discovered in the Otzal Alps. Otzi is a fascinating topic and often sparks loads of interest in the science surrounding him. I usually include this radioactive decay activity for U-238. (Key) These topics circle around to the age of Earth. I believe God created the heavens and the Earth. God spoke, “Bang!”, it happened. The rest is all details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment