I love candy labs. Have you tried Candy Chromatography? Here are chromatography instructions with background information about food dyes. Try doing chromatography with water-based markers, M&Ms and Skittles, Food Dyes, or Black Ink Pens. Use thicker coffee filters to make the strips. Later this year, the Bio class is going to do this lab, Plant Pigment Chromatography, with fresh spinach leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment