What is keeping you from doing more labs? I bet you have reservations about a lab’s safety. I understand! You may have questions about the chemical reactions taking place in a lab or the names of the chemicals used. Try the ACS’s Middle School Chemistry lessons. They are designed for middle school teachers who don’t have a background in Chemistry. These lessons have videos, activities, and best of all detailed explanations for each activity and science concept. The instructions have tips, sources for materials, and useful explanations. For example, the lesson, Temperature Changes in Dissolving, has a demo with potassium chloride, sodium chloride, calcium chloride, sodium carbonate, and sodium bicarbonate. The lesson has a note explaining what these chloride salts are. Potassium chloride is a common salt substitute, usually available at the grocery store. Dishwasher detergent has sodium carbonate as the main ingredient. It can be safely used in this demo. If you are looking for more labs to enrich your chemistry program, start here. Build your confidence! You can do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment