My Co-op Biology class is starting Cells. I have loads and loads of resources because this is a foundational topic for Biology. Guess what? My undergrad, elective classes were all about cells; Cytology, Microbiology, Histology, etc. I think the topic of Cells is essential to Biology. Start here for an exceptional overview to Cells and Cell Transport from Simmons Science. I’m using this slide deck, this coloring page, and this POGIL activity, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells. My kids are making cell models, experimenting with membranes, and learning about a host of cell processes. Below is an image for the next lab, Cell Membrane Bubble Lab we’ll do next week. Let’s get started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment