Monday, October 30, 2023

Biomolecules Introduction: Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins, and Nucleic Acids

 Biomolecules are really one aspect of Biochemistry.  This is a tough unit.  Here is how I approach this material.  I do a crash course in Organic Chemistry with this packet (10.4 Answer Key and 10.7 Answer Key).  Here is a note summary about naming organic molecules.

Now that you are overwhelmed, let’s start again.  We start with this slideshow introduction and follow with this Biomolecules activity.  I ordered the two kits below from Amazon to review.  The kids will start Thursday building the molecules with the Labaids Molecules of Life kit.  I want to test the inexpensive kits to compare their quality with Labaids and more expensive molecular modeling kits.  I’ll update with results.


The kits were $6.95 and $11.68.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...