The Co-op class did the Cell Membrane Bubble Lab in class today. I did this lab for the first time with the Bio class I taught the year before last. Kids like this lab! It brings home properties of the cell membrane. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. We tried thin cotton thread and polyester yarn for the activities. We found you could connect the straws directly into a frame without stringing yarn through the straws. Here are some pix. BTW, I explained soap micelles and their properties after the lab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment