Every time I teach Biology, the kids make cell cycle paper plate wheels. Here is a unit with activities about the cell cycle, including the cell cycle paper plate wheel. I started the lesson with this presentation. The kids Google ‘cell cycle paper plate project’ to see different models. Then they make their own. The purpose is to make a model to help understand how mitosis is part of the cell cycle. Cells are in the process of growing or getting ready to split. It helps to see the process as a whole. The wheel is another study aide, like the Mitosis Models. The cheap paper plates are easier to cut. We fasten the two paper plates with brass brads or paper fasteners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment