I have pricey kits because I teach Biology to the local Co-op regularly. There are inexpensive models which work well. First is this DNA model made with construction, paper toothpicks, and washable markers. Label the construction paper backbone with phosphate and deoxyribose. Make a key for the model. Here is a model with gum drops. Here is an origami model and a paper model. I think the first model from construction paper and toothpicks, labeled works well. If your teen is struggling to understand the construction of DNA, make more models. Invest time explaining and identifying each part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment