I have camp projects on my brain. I’m in the middle of planning VBS, Science Camp, and Faith Camp. (Faith Camp is for kids who are behind in receiving the Sacraments. VBS I’d for everyone.). I’m looking for fun activities, especially for kids 5-10 years old. Cardboard is cheap. KiwiCo has many interesting Cardboard projects. Below are several ideas for cardboard STEM projects.
1. Spirograph. Here is one version that just uses painter’s tape and cardboard. Here is a cake pan Spirograph—similar to using a roll of painter’s tape. This version is a bit more complicated and requires a hot glue gun.
2. Spinners. Here are cardboard penny spinners. Use these templates. Here are paper plate spinners with templates. Take the same templates and make spinning tops or Spinner Toy or Crayola Paper Spinners. BTW, a Benham’s Disk produces the illusion of color.
3. Claw. The simple claw is this Articulated Grabber. This one is similar and uses toothpicks instead of brass fasteners or paper fasteners. This version has the option to make a grabber with craft sticks. Try this Robot hand.
4. Automata. Exploratorium’s Cardboard Automata has detailed instructions with several versions. Science Buddies has this Cardboard Automata that’s a moving caterpillar. Here is the Automaton Butterfly from Instructables.

No comments:
Post a Comment