My class just finished one last lab, Paper Chromatography. We started with spinach leaves then tested cabbage powder, pens, and markers. Here is a spinach leaf chromatography lab. Here is a good chromatography with pens lab. Here is a markers chromatography lab. I use qualitative filter paper. However coffee filters, especially the thick, fancy filters, work well, too. Try a 50:50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and water for plant leaves and washable markers. Compare your results with plain tap water as a solvent. The pens will require rubbing alcohol, either 70% or 90%, which are already diluted with water. Any cups will do! Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment