I bought a Poly Density Bottle kit I use as a demo to explain density or as a discrepant event. But the kit is pricey. Only recently did I learn about using UV beads with plastic, pony beads (8 mm). Flinn has instructions here. The UV beads have a different plastic composition, giving them a different densities. Isopropyl alcohol is rubbing alcohol. 50 grams of pony beads are roughly 180 beads. Below is a screenshot of a Chem teacher who has her students use test tubes, with instructions. So much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment