Give your kids books for Christmas! Yes, you can find any number of good science experiments online. However, there are a handful of used science experiment books which have many, many classic experiments in one place, a book. I love Exploratorium Activities. However, these three books from The Exploratorium are even better. Many, many of these experiments are fabulous for Science Camp: Pringles Pinhole, Roto-Copter, and Flipsticks. The activities from the books are on the web, but not easy to locate.
The other author is Jane VanCleave. Her books should be in the local library. However, used copies are widely available. It’s practical to have a used copy when you do the experiment. I’ve examined over 100 science experiment books for kids by any number of different authors. Jane VanCleave can’t be beat for shear numbers of different experiments. Newer science experiment books are glossier; I feel as though I’m getting less content and more pix.




No comments:
Post a Comment