Friday, November 7, 2014
WA: Life Science
Life Science is learning about cell processes, located in Chapter Two. The student collected data for Potato Osmosis using both sugar and salt. On Tuesday, the students will analyze their data. Next week, the class will do a diffusion lab and a CO2 lab. This week the kids have been graphing various data sets on their graphing calculators. (There is an iPad app, GraphNCalc83, for $5.99 which is very similar. I bought one to have an extra calculator on hand.) these exercises enable kids to perform statistical analysis easily. Lastly, it is a good time to start mulling ideas for Science Fair. Intel Science Fair has guidelines (2015 Guidelines) for participants. Right now, the students should consider their idea, key question, hypothesis, and variables: independent, dependent, controlled, and confounding. I plan to take time to review the guidelines and their plans. I like Science Fair--particularly winning Science Fair! Whenever there is a bit of time in class, we will use it to review progress, hone hypotheses, and tighten controls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment