Thursday, November 13, 2014
Weather
My Earth Science class is in the throes of a comprehensive Weather Unit and my Apologia Physical Science just concluded its Weather Unit. I thought I would assemble some resources which are particularly useful. Climate Change Is Not Settled is an article from the Wall Street Journal which is particularly balance and nuanced. I read the article to my class and led a discussion. Aside from PowerPoint presentations, GLOBE is an exceptional program, particularly its Atmosphere module. The website has filed protocols, background, data sheets, and field guides. I use the Training Modules with students before going outside to identify clouds. The Surface Temperature Field Campaign requires an IR thermometer, a Cloud Chart, and a copy of the data sheet, Surface Temperature Data Sheet, with details about this activity here: 2013 Surface Temperature Campaign. My class plans to assemble several types of weather instruments and then build simple equipment with our early elementary students because Weather is such an important science objective: Cloud Chart, Barometer, Snowboard, Rain Gauge, Anemometer, and Sling Psychrometer. We may try to rig the psychrometer with straws as a handle when we make ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment