Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Apologia and WA Physical Science: Circuits

Once the kids are grounded in the fundamentals, let them create circuits.  I am using Consumer Energy's circuit lesson because the photos are clear and it employs simple materials.  I have a copy of TOPS Science Electricity and have used aluminum foil, clothespins, and tape to create circuits.  You might try both methods.  Once the kids have the idea, we are going to make Squishy circuits with conductive and nonconductive clay.  Last summer at Mad Science Camp, they did not work well.  I had kids in one of my chemistry classes use squishy circuits for their science fair experiment and were able to get the LED bulbs to light.  It took a number of trials and batches of clay.  We are going to give it another shot.  Stand by for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...