Saturday, April 11, 2015
Apologia Chemistry: Acids and Bases
Once the kids have completed the household acid and base lab, I usually have them complete an acid-base series dilution with pH strips, using 1M HCl and 1 M NaOH. Once the dilution is prepared, the kids can measure the pH with strips, Universal indicator, or a pH probe. In an earlier post I explained that the TI 84 graphing calculator is preloaded with Easy Data software. Vernier sells a temperature probe which connects directly to the calculator. Vernier also has an adapter for the TI 84 which can connect a pH probe. I have shopped for used sensors on EBay and purchased them for around $40. A graphing calculator, temperature probe, and pH sensors are investment equipment for a Home-School Co-op. Outside of science labs, the kids can take the calculator and probes outside collect data, such as stream assays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment