The White Powder Lab is a great lab to do with common materials: paint palette (reaction plate or spot plate), medicine droppers for a pipet, red cabbage indicator solution (or pool indicator solution), vinegar (instead of an acid), water, and iodine. Be sure to include cornstarch as a powder because it’s the only one to react with iodine. I used ten powders; this lab can be modified to include six or more, even fourteen to make it more or less challenging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment