Once the kids do the lab, I have them learn how to mix compounds, make solutions, react, and write the formulas. We're really doing single replacement reactions. I use a small scale lab from Prentice Hall with the chemicals I have on hand. The kids make up 1M solutions and then drop 5-10 drops of each and record a reaction. Then the kids write the formulas of the resulting products. Fun!
Update: We took another class to repeat the lab and write the formulas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment