Thursday, October 26, 2017
Young Explorers Chemistry and Physics: New Class
My husband, Rob, and I are in the midst of Chemistry. We just added students to our Co-op class. One of the moms has asked us to teach her younger students, too. So, we’re adding Apologia’s Young Explorer’s Chemistry and Physics to the roster. I love this book. Two years ago, one of the siblings in my Physical Science class attended-but worked her lessons from Chemistry and Physics. I used several of the lessons with the two Physical Science classes I was teaching at the time. Right now, all of the kids are working on a Forensics Lab called Mystery Powders. I mean everyone-even the seven and eight year old siblings. The girls have already correctly identified all ten unknowns. So, we’re going to start the first chapter in Chemistry and Physics and work on measurements and density. Two of the girls have completed Flinn’s Measurement Challenge. While all of the other groups complete the White Powder Forensics Lab, the girls will get started on Density, Chapter One in Chem and Physics. My goal is to make G., who is eleven, Rob’s aide because the other boys are seven to nine and will need help. I’ve used this strategy before with Co-op groups where the age and ability range was great. I like a challenge! Stay posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment