Today we did a quick quiz on blood types with four questions: Why is O- a universal donor? Why is AB- the universal recipent? Cross AB with Bo. Cross Ao with Bo.
I discussed monohybrid, dihybrid, and polygenic crosses. We took time for these monohybrid practice problems. (There is a key which looks as though it is correct.)
Here are the three problem sets we used. Photos of the kids doing and correcting problems are not exciting. I have a white board and recorded the answers for them to check. We reviewed the trickier problems. BTY--we quizzed again at the beginning of class. I quiz like a mad woman during genetics, unlike most other units.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment