Thursday, February 28, 2019
Apologia Biology: Twins
Today, we were doing a pedigree activity on the blue-skinned Kentucky Fugates. I distributed Pedigree Symbols and needed to explain monozygotic (identical) twins and dizygotic (fraternal) twins. I had heard of maternal twins and mentioned it—but blanked on the details. Here is an excellent link. Once in a while an egg and polar body are released and both fertilized, the twins are ‘half-identical’, or more closely related than fraternal twins. Lastly, here is an article about twins who developed after the egg was fertilized by two sperm and subsequently split. Yes, all of us are facinated by twins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment