Friday, June 30, 2023

Apologia Biology on a Budget: Microscopes

 Yes!  One more post about microscopes and slides.  Many, many home-school families buy an expensive microscope for their teens when they reach high school.  I have less costly suggestions.  I do have several, traditional microscopes.  We tend to have larger Co-op classes.  I need several microscopes.  We use a bunch.  The kids try all of them and settle on their favorites.


One of the home-school families bought an auction lot of EduScience microscopes (shown below).  The quality was excellence!  Good Will online or eBay has similar microscopes.  Don’t spend more than $20 including shipping

.

We also use digital microscopes.  I have three different brands. They should connect with any laptop; however they don’t.  The kids focus the slide, take pix, and sketch the image.  


I have bought a few microscopes from Good Will online.  This has proven the riskiest option.  There is no way to tell if the microscope will focus.  I seldom pay more than $20 total because this microscope is a gamble.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...