I made all kinds of plans for Science Camp. But, when the kids are engaged and happy, I roll with it. The girls tried color change with curry powder and turmeric. The girls wanted to make giant bubbles. Not on the schedule—but fine. The boys wanted to build a Knex Nerf gun and test the hydraulics in the Geckobot kit. One boy took home the Sterling engine and build it at home with his dad. It has a solar panel which needs to charge. We took a brownie break and went back to the Chemistry kits. I also had a stack of inexpensive crafts I’m purging. The girls are making pillows in between science experiments. I think treats and crafts are fine to add to Science Camp. Weather permitting we go to the pool after Camp, too. The girls made Foam and loads of slime! They tested color changing slime, fluffy slime, glitter slime, etc. The boys made solutions and performed experiments with different invisible inks and reactions with water glass, sodium silicate from the MEL kits. I added PHTH Invisible Ink. (Home Science tools sells phenolphthalein or PHTH.) Another invisible ink is between Copper II sulfate and Ammonium carbonate. Write with the solutions on paper using a q-tip. The boys are loving all the building and the chemical experiments. If I don’t get to do everything I planned, it’s fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...











No comments:
Post a Comment