My husband, Rob, teaches Physics. I help him with lab ideas. When I teach Physical Science the kids do this Horsepower Lab, which outlines the steps to take for calculations well. The lab is free and helps kids understand key energy concepts. It’s a lot of fun watching kids thunder up and down stairs. You can make the lab more inquiry based by comparing a student’s horsepower on concrete, wood, laminate, and carpeted steps. Do extra trials; there is considerable variability inherent to human experiments. Rob has the kids report the data in a spreadsheet and write a formal lab report. Have a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment