Friday, October 2, 2026

Specific Heat Lab Update

 I like to stay accountable to the online schools.  This post is an update in case a representative or consultant challenges me about whether or not we do labs.  (Yes, I do take strong exception!)  

Experiment 2.1 (12.1) from Apologia include the calibration and  (The Heating Curve of Water).  It was a take-home lab.  However, during the Specific Heat lab, one group noted that boiling water was 80 degrees Celsius.  The kiddo decided to calibrate all my thermometers.


Additionally, I wanted the class to graph by hand and with a graphing calculator.


The teens in the Co-op Chemistry class are doing the Specific Heat of Metal Lab in the Apologia Chemistry textbook (2.2 or 12.2).  One family group of three is missing; one family comes once a week and stays after class for another 80 minutes.  Rhys was in California visiting his sister.  13 teens in my basement classroom is sufficient.




This post is a means to document labs.  I know you ask whether or not I really do all of the labs I say I do.  The answer is an emphatic yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Prep Labs for the Win!

This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments.  Why?  Many of you are w...