Friday, February 13, 2015
Apologia and WA: Physical Science More Motion
The kids are gaining ground on the Algebra in the problem sets. There are several labs the kids are going to do after their quiz: Speed, Velocity, and Acceleration Lab, Acceleration Mini-Lab, Run!, and acceleration mini-labs in the textbook. We are doing the ball drop fro Apologia again, too. Sounds like overkill? My experience indicates that if I hit Motion hard, forces are easier. The kids have had some more lab experience and can tackle the Algebra. When I teach Physical Science, I teach the Chemistry half first semester to allow students in eighth grade to catch up in Algebra before tacking the math in the Physics portion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment